With Summer here I've been getting more and more questions about what to do about yoga practice when traveling. The most repeated inquiries are where to practice, what to practice, and what to bring. I have some very simple travel tips for you that I am excited to share:
- You are so lucky, because you KNOW your practice. Since you have your sequence and know it, you can practice anywhere, including right beside your hotel bed. Ashtanga practitioners need no props and only a small amount of space. YEAH!
- You may decide however, that you want to check out a local Ashtanga studio. AWESOME! I suggest you do. The practice and the etiquette are similar all over the globe so you will KNOW what to do. Check out this link for our most highly recommended spots. Don't be shy. Go on in and you will realize you are part of a WORLDWIDE community.
- KEEP IT SIMPLE. A daily practice of sun salutations and closing poses is better for you and for staying connected than doing your whole practice one day and nothing for the rest of your trip. Set a practice schedule that is doable and stick to it. You'll feel POSITIVE and CONNECTED when you return.
- Finally, you may want to consider a TRAVEL MAT for when you are traveling. Regular mats can be heavy and unrealistic for bringing on planes. We have an eco-friendly travel mat here at Land Yoga that is perfect for your journeys.
- DON'T FORGET to send us your practice pictures from around the globe. We love to post them!